Dubai, an Emirate of the United Arab Emirates (UAE), is popularly known as the ‘City of Gold’ and is strategically located in between the East and West.
In the non-oil trade segment for the UAE, gold trade is ranked as number 1 in value terms.
The gold sector is fueled by a depth of market participants across the entire value chain as follows:
- Wholesale & Retail Jewellers
- Traders & Aggregators
- Financial Institutions
- Derivatives Exchange
- Processors & Manufacturers
- Secure Logistics (Transportation and Vaulting)
DMCC regularly provides the latest trade statics to ensure market transparency.
- Stable local currency in relation to the US Dollar
- Ease of connectivity for producing and consuming countries
- Suitable time zone benefits for global businesses
- No corporate or personal income tax
- VAT exemption for gold bars trading